Monday, April 26, 2010

Boobquake: Unintentional Success?

As you may know, I'm very approving of boobs.  I am also very approving of SCIENCE.  So as you can imagine, when I was told boobs and SCIENCE could be combined I put a big ol' stamp-of-approval on it.

What is Boobquake, you ask?  Stop living under a rock, I respond.

But seriously, Kazem Sedighi (an Iranian cleric) was quoted as saying "women who do not dress modestly, lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which increases earthquakes."

Generally speak, I don't think jiggling fun bags create earthquakes.  I think shifting tectonic plates cause earthquakes.  Subterranean molemen probably cause earthquakes.  And destabilizing the Earth's magnetic core?  That'd definitely cause earthquakes.

Thankfully, Jen McCreight was on the case.  (By the way, Ms. McCreight, any chick using her breasts for the forces of SCIENCE gets an A+ on The Hunter I's Scale of Awesomeness People Award I Totally Didn't Just Make Up™.  Please redeem your award immediately).  She proposed that we test Kazem's controversial theory by having women everywhere dress scantily in an attempt to trigger an earthquake in a little event she called Boobquake.

And the results are in -- there was no earthquake.  So what does this mean for Kazem?

That suckah was wrong!  Clearly.

But it also means...women showing off their goods prevents earthquakes.  And it's now backed quite heavily by this research!  So women everywhere, the Earth needs you to continue protecting it!  We don't need another wide-scale disaster to blame on the government; it could all be prevented if we all pitch in our boobs.

Note: due to his lack of female body parts The Hunter I cannot partake in any of these activities.  He regrets this, but will kindly volunteer to oversee the project if the government picks up on anything written on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment